Discover the rich fauna & flora of Madagascar including incredible national parks and unique wildlife.
Day 1. Arrive Antananarivo
Welcome to Antananarivo, the capital and largest city in Madagascar. On arrival you’ll enjoy a city tour including Old Upper Town, City Centre and the colourful neighborhoods of Lower Town. [D]
Day 2. Antananarivo - Morondava
After breakfast, you will transfer to the airport for your flight to Morondava. [B,D]
Day 3. Morondava
Today is devoted to exploring Morondava. In the morning, you travel to the Kirindy Reserve and visit the dry forest, famous for the fossa, a cat-like carnivorous mammal endemic to Madagascar. Later on your return to Morondava, you drive through the stunning Avenue of the Baobabs, a stretch of road lined on both sides with century old Baobab trees. [B,L,D]
Day 4. Morondava - Antananarivo
This morning you transfer to the airport for your flight to Antananarivo. Enjoy the rest of the day at leisure. [B,D]
Day 5. Depart Antananarivo
Transfer to the airport for your onward journey. [B]
- Meet & greet on arrival and private airport transfers
- Exclusive use of 4WD vehicle
- Return economy-class flights between Antananarivo and Morondava
Accommodation & Meals
- 4 nights in African-style hotels & lodges (3-4 star)
- 4 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 4 dinners
- English-speaking locally based guide and driver
Entrance Fees & Permits
- Entrance fees to all national parks and reserves are included
- City tour of Antananarivo including Old Upper Town, City Centre and the colourful neighborhoods of Lower Town.
- Explore the Kirindy Reserve and go in search of the Fossa, the island's top predator.
- Drive along the famous 'Avenue of the Baobabs' and finish the day with a magnificent sunset.
The Small Print: Prices are per person based on twin share. Single supplement on request. Seasonal surcharges apply. Please contact our office for details.
Visa Requirements: For Australian passport holders, a visa for Madagascar needs to be applied for prior to travel. For non-Australian passport holders, please check with your travel agent.
Available with these tours:
- Morocco & Kenya21 Days
- Namibia, Botswana & Victoria Falls 2018/1924 Days
- Kenya & Tanzania 2018/1917 Days
- Cairo to Zanzibar 2018/1925 Days
- Highlights of Ethiopia17 Days
- Cape Winelands, Victoria Falls & Zambia16 Days
- South Africa, Botswana & Kenya 2019/2023 Days
- Namibia, Botswana & Victoria Falls 2019/2024 Days
- Kruger & the Panorama Route14 Days
- Kruger to Cape Town25 Days
- Rwanda, Tanzania & Zanzibar19 Days
- Kenya & Tanzania 2019/2017 Days
- Cairo to Zanzibar 2019/2025 Days
- Kenya & Ethiopia22 Days
- Ethiopia in Depth20 Days