Lavish in the luxury of modern rail travel on the famous Blue Train, while enjoying the romance and history of its glittered past. The route between Pretoria and Cape Town is a journey through some of the most diverse and spectacular scenery offered within the African sub-continent.
Package begins on selected Sundays, Tuesdays & Thursdays.
Itinerary also operates in the reverse direction from Cape Town to Pretoria on selected Wednesdays, Fridays & Sundays.
Day 1 Arrive Pretoria
Welcome to Pretoria! On arrival at Johannesburg Airport, you will be met and transferred to your hotel in Pretoria.
Day 2 Blue Train
After an early breakfast at your hotel, you will enjoy the sights on a tour of both Pretoria and Johannesburg, learning the history and evolution of these captivating cities. Your tour will include the historic Apartheid Museum, the impressive Voortrekker Monument and the historic Kruger House. Next you will be transferred to the Blue Train departure point where you will embark on your overnight train journey. Dinner this evening is a formal affair. Enjoy the signature dishes created by on-board chefs using the freshest of local ingredients. [B,D]
Day 3 Blue Train
Enjoy breakfast on board as the train meanders past incredible scenery. Arrive at the Kimberly Station and visit the fascinating Diamond Museum. Here you will learn what life was like in the town’s historic heyday of the diamond rush at the Big Hole mine. Enjoy lunch back on board followed by high tea later in the afternoon. Enjoy another formal dinner this evening as you make your way towards Cape Town. [B,L,D]
Day 4 Depart Cape Town
Today marks the end of your incredible journey across South Africa by rail, as you arrive in Cape Town you will be met and transferred to the airport or your hotel if you choose to extend your stay in Cape Town. [B]
- Meet & greet on arrival and private airport transfers
- 3 days travelling on board the luxury Blue Train
Accommodation & Meals
- 1 night in a good quality hotel (4 star)
- 2 nights in a Deluxe Suite on board the Blue Train
- 3 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 2 dinners
- Private City Tour of Pretoria and Johannesburg; including Aparthied Museum, Voortekker Monument and Kruger House.
- Tour the Kimberly Diamond Mine Museum.
Please Note: The dress code on board the train is smart casual. For dinner gentlemen are required to wear a jacket and ladies should wear elegant cocktail/evening dresses.
The Small Print: Prices are per person based on twin share. Single price available upon request. Seasonal surcharges apply. Itinerary also operates in the reverse direction. Please contact our office for details.
Available with these tours:
- Namibia, Botswana & Victoria Falls 2018/1924 Days
- Cairo to Zanzibar 2018/1925 Days
- Kenya & Tanzania 2018/1917 Days
- South Africa, Botswana & Kenya 2019/2023 Days
- Cape Winelands, Victoria Falls & Zambia16 Days
- Namibia, Botswana & Victoria Falls 2019/2024 Days
- Kruger to Cape Town25 Days
- Rwanda, Tanzania & Zanzibar19 Days
- Kenya & Tanzania 2019/2017 Days
- Ethiopia in Depth20 Days
- Kenya & Ethiopia22 Days
- Cairo to Zanzibar 2019/2025 Days
- Morocco & Kenya21 Days
- Highlights of Ethiopia17 Days
- Kruger & the Panorama Route14 Days