On this amazing tour extension, you’ll enjoy cruising along the Chobe River, as well as brilliant game drives within the national park. Keep your eyes peeled for some of Africa’s finest wildlife, including hippos, elephants, lions and buffalo, on this three-day adventure.
DAY 1 KASANE - CHOBE NATIONAL PARK
On arrival you will be transferred to the famous Chobe National Park in Botswana. Established in 1968, the park covers almost 12,000 square kilometres, encompassing floodplains, swamps and woodland. Chobe is most famous for its high concentration of elephants – almost 50,000 can be found here which is more than anywhere else in Africa. Here you can watch them as they go about their daily life along the lush floodplains of the great Chobe-Linyanti River System. This afternoon you’ll experience an unforgettable cruise along the Chobe River. These waters divide Namibia's Caprivi Strip from Botswana's Chobe National Park, and its exotic banks boast one of the densest populations of wildlife on the African continent. Along with elephants, you may also see leopards, lions, buffalo, waterbuck, roan, eland, sable, giraffe, and, if you are lucky you may spot one of the very rare puku. Plus, watch out for hippo and crocodile in the water! [D]
DAY 2 CHOBE NATIONAL PARK
Today is all about further exploring Chobe National Park as you enjoy an amazing early morning game drive and afternoon Chobe River cruise. You’ll see the many elephants that call the park home, as well herds of buffalo, numerous lion prides, packs of hyena and solitary leopards who like to live on the granite ‘kopjes’ (small hills) that dot the landscape. The birdlife here is also prolific, common species include the Sacred ibis, Egyptian Geese, the ubiquitous cormorants, most members of the kingfisher family and the unmistakable Fish Eagle. [B,L,D]
DAY 3 CHOBE NATIONAL PARK – KASANE
Enjoy another early morning game drive of Chobe National Park, before bidding farewell and transferring to the Airport for your onward flight. We trust that you leave with amazing memories and fantastic photos of your time in Africa. [B]
- Meet & greet on arrival and shared airport transfers
- All game drives & water-based activities as listed, shared basis
Accommodation & Meals
- 2 nights at the Chobe Safari/Bush Lodge (4 star)
- 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 2 dinners
- English-speaking locally based guides, shared basis
Entrance Fees & Permits
- Park entrance fees included
- Sunset Zambezi River Cruises, including finger food, beer, wine, local spirits and soft drinks.
- Game Drives in Chobe National Park.
The Small Print: Prices are per person based on twin share. Single supplement on request. Seasonal surcharges apply. Please contact our office for details.
Visa Requirements: For Australian passport holders, a Botswana Tourism Development Levy of $30pp US is payable upon arrival. Payments are made at ports of entry through electronic payment machines that accept both US dollars and credit cards. For non-Australian passport holders, please check with your travel agent.
Available with these tours:
- Kenya & Tanzania 2018/1917 Days
- Morocco & Kenya21 Days
- Cairo to Zanzibar 2018/1925 Days
- Cape Winelands, Victoria Falls & Zambia16 Days
- Rwanda, Tanzania & Zanzibar19 Days
- Kruger & the Panorama Route14 Days
- Kenya & Ethiopia22 Days
- South Africa, Botswana & Kenya 2018/1923 Days
- Ethiopia in Depth20 Days
- Kruger to Cape Town25 Days
- Cairo to Zanzibar 2019/2025 Days
- South Africa, Botswana & Kenya 2019/2023 Days
- Kenya & Tanzania 2019/2017 Days