Explore the Tana River Delta, which is renowned for its extensive mangrove systems, pristine beaches and wildlife population. There's a variety of activities to enjoy!
DAY 1 NAIROBI - MALINDI
Located in the coastal province of Kenya, the Tana River Delta is known for its extensive mangrove systems, pristine beaches and wildlife population. On arrival you will be transferred to your lodge by road and boat across the Tana River. Keep a look out for the abundance of birdlife, as well as crocodiles and hippos. [D]
DAY 2 TANA RIVER DELTA
Enjoy a variety of activities provided by the lodge. Take a boat trip along the river estuary, enjoy a sundowner cruise or experience a bird walk with armed trackers. You can also fish for rock cod, snorkel or tour a local cultural village. If you're a little more adventurous, you have the opportunity to try sand boarding, river tubing or kayaking. How you spend the day is up to you! [B,L,D]
DAY 3 TANA RIVER DELTA
Today is again dedicated to enjoying the various activities provided by the lodge. [B,L,D]
DAY 4 MALINDI - NAIROBI
After breakfast and an early lunch, you'll transfer to the airport by boat and road for your onward journey. [B,L]
- Meet & greet on arrival and shared airport transfers
- Return economy-class flights from Nairobi Wilson Airport to Malindi Airport
- All land and water-based activities, shared basis
Accommodation & Meals
- 3 nights at the 5 star Delta Dunes Lodge
- 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 3 dinners
- Bottled water, tea and coffee
- English-speaking locally based guides
- Boat trips in the river estuary.
- Sundowner cruises.
- Bird walks with armed trackers.
- Channel fishing for rock cod and red snapper.
- Kayaking in the sea or channel.
- Cultural visits to Orma and Pokomo villages.
- Sand boarding and yachting.
- River tubing.
Please Note: Luggage restriction of 15kg in a soft bag due to domestic flights. Passengers must have a good level of fitness to book this package. There are a number of steep/narrow stairs to climb to/from the rooms at the lodge.
The Small Print: Prices are per person based on twin share. Single supplement on request. Seasonal surcharges apply. Please contact our office for details.
Visa Requirements: For Australian passport holders, a Kenya E-visa needs to be applied for prior to travel. This can be applied for here: http://evisa.go.ke/evisa.html . For non-Australian passport holders, please check with your travel agent.