Spend time relaxing and exploring on the exotic spice island of Zanzibar. Just off the coast of Tanzania, it has some of the world’s best white sand beaches – perfect for strolling along or kicking back and simply soaking up some sun.
DAY 1 ARRIVE STONE TOWN
Zanzibar is an island paradise in the Indian Ocean, just off the Tanzanian coast. Formerly known as the "Spice Islands," Zanzibar is famous for its production of cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon and pepper. On arrival you will be met and transferred to your city hotel. Later enjoy a tour of Stone Town, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Highlights of the tour include: the City Market, the Anglican Church of Christ, Sultan's Palace Museum, House of Wonders and the Old Fort.
DAY 2 STONE TOWN - NUNGWI BEACH
This morning you enjoy a half-day tour of the colourful Spice Plantations. Here you see a wide variety of spices, fruits, herbs and ornamental plants and flowers. After your tour, travel to Nungwi Beach where the remainder of the day is at leisure. [B,L,D]
DAY 3 NUNGWI BEACH
This morning you will enjoy a tour of the Jozani Forest. One of the only forests in Zanzibar with natural vegetation, it’s home to many endemic species of flora as well as animals such as the red colobus monkey and velvet cats. You'll walk through the mangroves admiring the many different species of plants and animals. After your tour return to Nungwi Beach where the rest of the day is at leisure. [B,D]
DAY 4 NUNGWI BEACH
Today is at leisure for you to relax and enjoy one of the many unspoilt beaches or chill out by the pool. If you are feeling energetic, then your hotel has lots of optional activities for you to choose from, including kayaking, snorkelling or scuba diving! [B,D]
DAY 5 DEPART NUNGWI BEACH
After breakfast transfer to the airport for your onward flight
- Meet & greet on arrival and private airport transfers
Accommodation & Meals
- 1 night at Tembo House Hotel, Stone Town (3 star)
- 3 nights at The Zanzibari Hotel, Nungwi Beach (4 star)
- 4 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 3 dinners
- English-speaking locally based driver/guides
- City tour of Stone Town.
- Tour of Spice Plantations.
- Tour of Jozani Forest.
The Small Print: Prices are per person based on twin share. Single supplement on request. Seasonal surcharges apply. Hotel upgrades are also available. Please contact our office for details.
Visa Requirements: For Australian passport holders, a visa for Tanzania needs to be applied for prior to travel. For non-Australian passport holders, please check with your travel agent.
Available with these tours:
- Morocco & Kenya21 Days
- Namibia, Botswana & Victoria Falls 2018/1924 Days
- Kenya & Tanzania 2018/1917 Days
- Highlights of Ethiopia17 Days
- Cape Winelands, Victoria Falls & Zambia16 Days
- South Africa, Botswana & Kenya 2019/2023 Days
- Kenya & Ethiopia22 Days
- Namibia, Botswana & Victoria Falls 2019/2024 Days
- Kruger & the Panorama Route14 Days
- Kruger to Cape Town25 Days
- Kenya & Tanzania 2019/2017 Days
- Ethiopia in Depth20 Days