On this amazing tour extension you’ll recapture the romance of a bygone era as you step aboard the wood-panelled coaches of Rovos Rail and enjoy fine cuisine in five-star luxury. This rail adventure starts at the incomparable Victoria Falls on the mighty Zambezi River and traverses Hwange National Park, a rich and diverse wildlife sanctuary where animals can be spotted from the train and a game drive excursion is enjoyed. Travel along one of the world’s longest stretches of straight railway line (114 kilometres), before passing the edge of the escarpment and crossing the Tropic of Capricorn. Along the way you'll enjoy ever-changing scenery, first class service and sumptuous cuisine on board this iconic train.
Package begins on selected Sundays. For departure dates and availability, please contact Bunnik Tours.
Day 1 Victoria Falls
This morning we depart from Victoria Falls Station and travel towards Zimbabwe's largest reserve, the Hwange National Park. Sit back relax, and soak up the spectacular scenery as you chat with fellow passengers in the lounge car. Later, enjoy a formal dinner before retiring to the wood-panelled lounge car for after-dinner drinks. [L,D]
Day 2 Rovos Rail
Today starts with an early morning breakfast, before disembarking for a game drive at The Hide. After a light brunch, continue along one of Africa's longest stretches of straight railway line to Bulawayo, and then on to the border at Beitbridge. [B,L,D]
Day 3 Rovos Rail
As the train leaves baobab country, enjoy a leisurely breakfast in the dining car. Today the train crosses the Tropic of Capricorn towards Warmbaths and Nylstroom. On arrival at Centurion, a Rovos locomotive will collect you for the final leg of your journey. Enjoy another sumptuous dinner tonight as the train passes the edge of the escarpment. [B,L,D]
Day 4 Depart Pretoria
After another amazing night on board the Rovos Rail as your journey continues to Pretoria. On arrival, you will be met and transferred to Johannesburg in time for your onward arrangements. This marks the end of your incredible rail journey across South Africa. [B]
- Meet & greet on arrival and private airport transfers
- 4 days travelling on-board the Rovos Rail luxury train
Accommodation & Meals
- 3 nights in a Pullman Suite on the Rovos Rail
- 3 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 3 dinners
- Game drive in Zimbabwe's larges reserve, the Hwange National Park.
- Cross the Tropic of Capricorn towards Warmbaths and Nylstroom.
Please Note: The dress code on board the train is smart casual. For dinner gentlemen are required to wear a jacket and ladies should wear elegant cocktail/evening dresses.
The Small Print: Prices are per person based on twin share with a minimum of 2 people. Seasonal surcharges apply. Alternative itineraries are also available. Please contact our office for details.
Visa Requirements: For Australian passport holders, a visa for Zimbabwe needs to be purchased upon arrival for $30pp US. For non-Australian passport holders, please check with your travel agent.
Available with these tours:
- Namibia, Botswana & Victoria Falls 2018/1924 Days
- Cairo to Zanzibar 2018/1925 Days
- Kenya & Tanzania 2018/1917 Days
- Cape Winelands, Victoria Falls & Zambia16 Days
- Morocco & Kenya21 Days
- Cairo to Zanzibar 2019/2025 Days
- Kenya & Ethiopia22 Days
- Ethiopia in Depth20 Days
- South Africa, Botswana & Kenya 2019/2023 Days
- Kenya & Tanzania 2019/2017 Days
- Rwanda, Tanzania & Zanzibar19 Days
- Kruger to Cape Town25 Days
- Kruger & the Panorama Route14 Days
- Namibia, Botswana & Victoria Falls 2019/2024 Days
- Highlights of Ethiopia17 Days
- South Africa, Botswana & Kenya 2018/1923 Days