Explore Oman, a country unchanged over the centuries. On this 4 day extension you will explore the ancient city of Salalah - the "garden city" of the south. The city is famed for its frankincense which has over the centuries been extracted from the trees found in this region.
Please Note: Ramadan is observed from 5 May to 4 June 2019 and 23 April to 23 May 2020.
Day 1 Salalah
Welcome to Salalah, which lies on the Arabian Sea in southern Oman. In ancient times, Salalah was the world’s only source of frankincense and today you can still see frankincense trees growing. The remainder of the day is at leisure to relax or start exploring your beautiful surroundings.
Day 2 Salalah
Today you will enjoy a sightseeing tour of Salalah, beginning with a visit to a local fishing village. You will then travel to the site of the ruined ancient city of Samharam. This well-fortified ancient city is thought to date back to 3,000BC. Later, you visit the ancient capital of Dhofar and see the historical site of Bin Ali’s Tomb with its stunning twin-domed structure. In the afternoon, continue to Mughsayl Beach, well known for its impressive blowholes - a natural wonder where the sea bursts up dramatically at regular intervals during high tide. [B]
Day 3 Salalah
Enjoy a full day to explore this intriguing “garden city” of the south at your leisure. [B]
Day 4 Salalah
Today is the completion of your Oman tour; we trust you will leave with wonderful memories! [B]
- Meet & greet on arrival and private airport transfers
- All touring in private air-conditioned vehicles
Accommodation & Meals
- 3 nights at the Crowne Plaza Resort, Salalah or similar (4 star)
- 3 breakfasts
- English-speaking locally based driver throughout
- All sightseeing and entrance fees as per itinerary
The Small Print: Prices are per person based on twin share. Single Supplement on request. Seasonal surcharges apply. Hotel upgrades are also available. Please contact our office for details.
Visa Requirements: For Australian passport holders, an Oman E-visa needs to be applied for prior to travel. This can be applied for here: https://evisa.rop.gov.om - Please note this visa is only valid for 30 days from the date of issue so it is recommended to arrange this visa just before you leave for Oman. For non-Australian passport holders, please check with your travel agent.
Available with these tours:
- Best of Egypt & Turkey23 Days
- Egypt in Depth17 Days
- Egypt, Israel & Jordan 2018/1923 Days
- Highlights of Egypt 12 Days
- Egypt & Jordan in Depth 2018/1925 Days
- Jordan & Oman19 Days
- Egypt & Cyprus21 Days
- Highlights of Egypt & Jordan 2018/1919 Days
- Egypt & Jordan In-Style 2018/1925 Days
- Egypt In-Style17 Days
- Jordan & Cyprus17 Days
- Classic Israel10 Days
- Discover Oman7 Days
- Discover the Pharaohs14 Days
- Egypt & Jordan in Depth 2019/2026 Days
- Egypt & Jordan In-Style 2019/2025 Days
- Egypt, Israel & Jordan 2019/2024 Days
- Highlights of Egypt & Jordan 2019/2019 Days