Discover beautiful Khasab on Oman’s northern peninsula, dubbed the ‘Norway of Arabia’ due to its remarkable fjord-like inlets and surrounding mountains. On this 3-day extension you will enjoy swimming in sparkling waters, magical views on a mountain safari and visiting century-old villages and sites.
Please Note: Ramadan is observed from 5 May to 4 June 2019 and 23 April to 23 May 2020.
Day 1. Khasab
Welcome to beautiful Khasab on Oman’s northern peninsula. Stunning Khasab has been dubbed the ‘Norway of Arabia’ due to its remarkable fjord-like inlets and surrounding mountains. On arrival you will be met and transferred to your hotel. This afternoon take a sightseeing tour of the city to see the 16th century Portuguese Fort and Wadi Qadah, then venture to the village of Wadi Tawi to view its famous 2000-year-old rock carvings.
Day 2. Khasab
Spend the morning on a traditional dhow cruising the fjords of the Musandam Peninsula with an opportunity to swim or snorkel in the sparkling sea. This afternoon take a scenic 4WD mountain safari to Jebel Harim for magnificent views over the Gulf of Oman and visit centuries-old villages. [B]
Day 3. Khasab
Transfer to the airport for your onward journey. [B]
- Meet & greet on arrival and private airport transfers
- All touring in a private air-conditioned vehicle
Accommodation & Meals
- 2 nights at the Atana Hotel, Khasab (4 star)
- 2 breakfasts
- English-speaking locally based driver/guide
- Tour the Khasab Fort and Wadi Qadah
- Explore to rock paintings at Wadi Tawi
- Spend the morning on a traditional dhow cruising the fjords of the Musandam Peninsula, with an opportunity to swim or snorkel in the sparkling sea
- Enjoy a 4WD mountain safari trip to Jebel Harim offering magnificent views over the Gulf of Oman
The Small Print: Prices are per person based on twin share. Single Supplement on request. Seasonal surcharges apply. Hotel upgrades are also available. Please contact our office for details.
Visa Requirements: For Australian passport holders, an Oman E-visa needs to be applied for prior to travel. This can be applied for here: https://evisa.rop.gov.om - Please note this visa is only valid for 30 days from the date of issue so it is recommended to arrange this visa just before you leave for Oman. For non-Australian passport holders, please check with your travel agent.
Available with these tours:
- Jordan & Oman19 Days
- Discover Oman7 Days
- Egypt, Israel & Jordan 2018/1923 Days
- Best of Egypt & Turkey23 Days
- Highlights of Egypt & Jordan 2018/1919 Days
- Egypt & Cyprus21 Days
- Egypt & Jordan in Depth 2018/1925 Days
- Egypt & Jordan In-Style 2018/1925 Days
- Egypt in Depth17 Days
- Jordan & Cyprus17 Days
- Egypt In-Style17 Days
- Highlights of Egypt 12 Days
- Egypt, Israel & Jordan 2019/2024 Days
- Discover the Pharaohs14 Days
- Egypt & Jordan in Depth 2019/2026 Days
- Highlights of Egypt & Jordan 2019/2019 Days
- Egypt & Jordan In-Style 2019/2025 Days
- Classic Israel10 Days