Explore the Amazon in style on board this luxury river cruise featuring panoramic views & luxury dining.
Cruise in style on board the stunning 16-cabin Aria Amazon for an amazing 4-day journey along the Amazon’s snaking tributaries, in search of red-bellied piranhas, rare pink dolphins and colourful birdlife. With incredible floor-to-ceiling windows you’ll enjoy spectacular views throughout the entire voyage.
ITINERARY - DEPARTS FRIDAYS
Day 1. Embark Iquitos
Welcome to Iquitos, gateway to the Peruvian Amazon. Over the next three days you will sail along the Amazon River and its largest tributaries, discovering some truly remote destinations. Tonight, you'll enjoy some innovative Amazonian cuisine created by one of Lima's top-ranked chefs. [D]
Day 2. Amazon River - Yarapa River - Nauta Caño
Board skiffs this morning and travel to Yarapa River. Be ready to spot tropical songbirds, black collared hawks and sloths. Enjoy fishing for the notoriously ferocious piranha while your naturalist guides share stories of Lake Moringo. Enjoy a wildlife excursion tonight, featuring stunning stargazing on Nauta Caño’s black waters. [B,L,D]
Day 3. Marañon Creek - Casual Jungle Walk - Yanayacu Pucate
Today you’ll rise with the sun to explore a ‘lost river’, take a walk through the jungle before you swim, canoe or kayak in Yanayacu-Pucate River in search of the legendary pink river dolphins, and look into the night sky to identify planets and constellations. [B,L,D]
Day 4. Disembark Nauta Town
Visit the local fresh market with your guide and see the fishermen of Amazonia’s catch of the day and the region’s exotic fruits. After breakfast you’ll begin departing, visiting the Manatee Rescue Centre before transferring to the airport for your onward flight. [B,L]
- Return coach transfers from Iquitos Airport to Aria Amazon
Accommodation & Meals
- 3 nights on board the Aria Amazon Cruise Ship
- Accommodation based on twin-share Suite located on the 1st Deck with private facilities and air-conditioning
- All meals and beverages (non-alcoholic, beer & house wine) included while on board
- Port taxes (included)
- English-speaking naturalist guides on board
- All shore excursions offered by the Aria Amazon are included
- Return flights to and from Iquitos
Please Note: Itinerary is based on Low Water season (June-October); itinerary may change in High Water season (November-May). A good level of fitness is required to make the most of your Amazon Cruise. This cruise is also available as a 5 day package (departs Mondays) or 8 day package (departs Friday), please ask for details.
The Small Print: Prices are per person based on twin share. Single Supplement on request. Seasonal surcharges apply. Sightseeing tours include bilingual guides. Please contact our office for details.
Available with these tours:
- Colombia & Ecuador24 Days
- Cuba, Peru & the Galapagos 28 Days
- Highlights of South America21 Days
- Highlights of South America & the Galapagos27 Days
- Ultimate Chile & Argentina23 Days
- South American Wonders36 Days
- Best of South America & the Galapagos 2018/1937 Days
- South America In-Style 2019/2026 Days
- Peru In-Style17 Days