The most scenic way to travel from Argentina to Chile! Enjoy Bariloche, one of the most scenic cities in the world, and then sail across Lake Nahuel Huapi and Frias Lake. Travel over the Andes mountains and cross Todos Los Santos Lake, which offers some spectacular views of Osorno Volcano. See green crystal waters cascading over black volcanic rocks at Petrohue Falls, and end the adventure in the charming Chilean village of Puerto Varas.
Day 1. Bariloche
Welcome to Bariloche, one of the most scenic cities in the world and Argentina’s chocolate capital. Upon arrival, you will be met and transferred to your hotel.
Day 2. Bariloche
Enjoy a tour of Bariloche’s surroundings. Take the chairlift to the top of Campanario Hill for beautiful panoramic views. You’ll also travel to Llao Llao Peninsula and visit the rustic San Eduardo Chapel. [B]
Day 3. Bariloche - Lake Crossing - Peulla
A scenic day awaits. Travel by catamaran across Lake Nahuel Huapi, then drive to Puerto Alegre and cruise across the deep turquoise waters of Felix Frias Lake. From here, you'll travel over the Andes and descend to Peulla on the Chilean side of the mountains. [B,D]
Day 4. Peulla - Lake Crossing - Puerto Varas
Cross Todos Los Santos Lake today, offering spectacular views of Cerro Puntiagudo and Osorno Volcano. You’ll then travel by road to beautiful Petrohue Falls, where green crystal waters cascade over black volcanic rocks, before continuing on to Puerto Varas - one of Chile’s most charming villages on the shores of Lake Llanquihue. [B]
Day 5. Puerto Varas - Puerto Montt
Transfer to Puerto Montt Airport for your onward journey. [B]
- All airport transfers in shared air-conditioned vehicles
- Ferries for lake crossings
- Transportation in air-conditioned vehicles
- Sightseeing on a shared basis for lakes crossing
ACCOMMODATION & MEALS
- 4 nights in good quality hotels (3-4 star)
- 4 breakfasts and 1 dinner
- English-speaking locally based guides
- Tour of Bariloche - highlights include a visit to Campanario Hill and the Llao Llao Peninsula
- Cross Lake Nahuel Huapi & Todos Los Santos Lake
- Cruise beautiful Felix Frias Lake
- Sightseeing based on shared vehicles with bilingual guides
Please note: A port tax of 50 pesos per person (approximately $3.50pp US) must be paid when boarding the boat in Bariloche/Puerto Montt.
The Small Print: Prices are per person based on twin share. Single Supplement on request. Seasonal surcharges apply. Alternative itineraries are also available. Please contact our office for details.
Visa Requirements: For Australian passport holders, a Chile Reciprocity Fee of $117pp US is payable upon arrival by cash or credit card. For non-Australian passport holders, please check with your travel agent.
Available with these tours:
- South American Discovery 36 Days
- South American Explorer 28 Days
- Peru & Ecuador Discovery 28 Days
- Peru Explorer20 Days
- Cuba, Peru & the Galapagos 28 Days
- South America In-Style 2018/1930 Days
- Highlights of South America & the Galapagos27 Days
- Highlights of South America21 Days
- Colombia & Ecuador24 Days