Enjoy 5 days exploring Copper Canyon in south-western Mexico. Visit this stunning canyon in the Sierra Tarahumara and be amazed by this system that is larger, and in some places deeper, than the Grand Canyon!
Please Note: Due to train operations, this tour can only begin on a Monday, Thursday or Saturday.
Day 1. Los Mochis
Welcome to Los Mochis, on Mexico’s Pacific Coast and gateway to the stunning Copper Canyon. On arrival, you will be met and transferred to your hotel.
Day 2. Los Mochis - Posada Barrancas
Travel to the train station this morning to board the Ferromex Chepe train to Posada Barrancas, enjoying spectacular views of the Sierra Madre. With the best outlooks of the “Three Canyons” area, Posada Barrancas offers a pristine mountain wilderness in an area that is four times larger than the Grand Canyon. [B,L,D]
Day 3. Posada Barrancas - Divisadero - Creel
This morning we visit the lookout points between Posada Barrancas and Divisadero. We’ll also take a ride in the third longest cable cable car ride over the canyon. Later we drive to Creel, the highest point on the Chepe railroad. Here you’ll find some magnificent panoramic views over the green and copper canyons. [B]
Day 4. Creel - Chihuahua
Today you tour Creel, visiting Arareco Lake, the rock formation at Mushroom Valley, the old San Ignacio Tarahumara Mission and the Tarahumara Cave. Board the train again this afternoon and travel to Chihuahua. [B]
Please note: Due to changes in train operations, tours beginning in Los Mochis on Mondays will transfer from Creel to Chihuahua by car.
Day 5. Chihuahua
Enjoy a morning at leisure to relax before your transfer to the airport for your onward journey. [B]
- Return private airport to hotel transfers
- 1st class Ferromex Chepe train tickets
- All ground transportation in air-conditioned vehicles
- Train journey to Chihuahua (only on Thursday and Saturday departures - Monday departures done by car)
- Travel on the 3rd longest cable car in the world
ACCOMMODATION & MEALS
- 4 nights in good quality hotels (3-4 star)
- 4 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 1 dinner
- English-speaking drivers and guides
- Spectacular views of 'Copper Canyon', four times larger than the Grand Canyon, from Divisadero
- Guided tour around Creel
- Experience the exhilarating train journey
Please Note: Sightseeing is provided by the local hotels and may include other hotel guests.
The Small Print: Prices are per person based on twin share. Single supplement on request. Seasonal surcharges apply. Sightseeing tours include bilingual guides. Please contact us for details.