1. Namibia has the largest population of free roaming cheetahs in the world!
Cheetahs by Annelieke Huijgens
2. It has the only female prime minister in Africa, Saara Kuugongelwa.
3. The Skeleton Coast is an iconic site here, where the ocean meets the desert and is known for its thick fog, shipwrecks and seal population.
MarkDhawn, CC BY-SA 3.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0>, via Wikimedia Commons
4. Its name comes from the Namib desert, the oldest desert in the world.
5. It is home to rare desert elephants.
Elephants in Etosha National Park by Emily Fraser
6. The famous Sossusvlei has some of the highest sand dunes in the world.
Sossusvlei by Emily Fraser