If you've already booked your Bunnik small group tour, we require the following information to complete your booking and issue final documentation. This is effective for tours departing from April 2021 onwards.
Please have the following details handy BEFORE filling in this form:
- Emergency contact information
- Your email address (required for confirmation email)
- Travel insurance policy number, if you already have it.
Note: If you have credit card insurance, you need a policy number if provided to you, the name of the underwriter, and the underwriters’ emergency telephone number.
You may use this form to check-in up to two passengers at once providing they share the same travel insurance policy & emergency contact details.
If this is not the case, please fill in a separate form for each traveller.
Please ensure the information supplied is accurate as this will be used to issue your final travel documentation.
Fitness to travel
At Bunnik Tours we don’t put specific age limits on our tours, but we also recognise some travellers may find our itineraries challenging.
We have a duty of care to all tour participants and the tour guides, so we do impose a firm policy on the level of fitness required by all our clients to attempt to ensure your safety and the safety of other travellers on our tours.
At Bunnik Tours our goal is for all our travellers to enjoy their tour, not struggle through it! Which is why we want to work with you to ensure you are on the best possible trip for your fitness level. We do reserve the right to refuse bookings if we feel that the requirements of the tour are too demanding.
Bunnik Tours are for independently minded travellers with good levels of mobility.
Our Tours include:
- Generous amounts of free time
- Lots of walking, minimum of 2-3 hours on uneven surfaces without the use of any walking aid, on any given day
- Local and authentic experiences including various modes of transport and accommodation
In some regions travellers can also expect:
- Long days of travelling, at times on dirt and gravel roads in Africa
- Extended periods at high altitude (3,000-4,000 metres) in South America & Africa
- Extended periods of walking/hiking through humid forest areas in Africa & Central America
- Limited medical facilities in remote areas
Bunnik Tours Travellers are required to at least:
- Be able to walk for a minimum of 2-3 hours on uneven surfaces without the use of any walking aid, on any given day
- Walk up multiple flights of stairs and short, steep hills
- Stand for a minimum of 20 minutes without needing to sit down, often in hot/humid climates
- Carry their own luggage
- Get on and off various modes of transport without assistance, including small boats
Passengers 75 years or over must provide a signed Fitness to Travel declaration form (Part 2) from their doctor within one month of making their booking.
While we will still confirm your place on your tour, flight tickets cannot be issued until both completed forms have been received. Additional costs may be incurred if completed forms are not received by Bunnik Tours within these time frames.
Bunnik Tours generally does not accept bookings for single travellers 80 years of age and over without a travelling companion. Neither our Tour Director nor your fellow travellers are equipped to act as a carer.
Passengers must inform us and the service provider of any medical conditions which may affect your ability to participate in the tour.
At our discretion we, including the service provider, can exclude you from a tour or in any activity if we consider that you are unable to safely participate in that tour or activity or if we consider your participation may place the safety of other guests at risk.
We reserve the right to cancel your booking if any changed or non-disclosed medical conditions mean that you will require special assistance from our personnel which we cannot reasonably provide. We strongly suggest that your travel insurance policy includes comprehensive cancellation coverage.
We will not be liable for any damage, injury, death or loss of any kind arising from your failure to fully disclose relevant medical information or resulting from any pre-existing medical condition.
Do you want to Travel with Confidence and be extra fit and healthy for your upcoming adventure? If so, check out our blog here, where we introduce you to Linda from Embracing Fitness, Food & Life and hear how she can get you feeling like you can take on the world!
Already booked your tour?
All travellers must complete Part 1 of this disclaimer within seven days of booking.