We want to make sure all Bunnik Tours travellers enjoy their trip, not struggle through it, so let’s work together to ensure you’re on the right tour for your fitness level.
A Bunnik Tour is for independently minded travellers with good levels of mobility. Designed for the not too young and not too old, we don’t put specific age limits on our tours but we do impose a firm policy on the level of fitness required by all our clients. This is to ensure your safety, and the safety of other travellers. Because of this, we reserve the right to refuse bookings if we feel that the requirements of the tour are too demanding.
Fitness to Travel Requirements
Within seven days of your booking you will need to complete a Passenger Registration form, which also includes a fitness to travel declaration.
In this declaration, you must confirm you’re able to do the following:
- Walk for a minimum of 2-3 hours daily, on uneven surfaces without the use of any walking aid at a group pace (often in humid forest areas in Africa and South & Central America)
- Regularly walk up multiple flights of stairs and short, steep hills
- Stand for extended periods of time without needing to sit down, including in hot/humid climates
- Carry your own luggage
- Get on and off various modes of transport without assistance, including small boats
- Drive along very bumpy, dirt and gravel roads for extended period of time, particularly in Africa
- Manage extended periods of time at high altitude (3,000-4,000 metres) when travelling in Africa and South & Central America.
It is also important to note there can be limited medical facilities in remote areas.
If you do not feel that you can confidently manage all of the requirements set out above, please work with our team of Travel Specialists to find an alternative that is better suited to your current level of fitness.
Travelling With a Medical Condition
Passengers must inform us and the service provider of any medical conditions which may affect your ability to participate in the tour.
We reserve the right to cancel your booking if any changed or non-disclosed medical conditions mean that you will require special assistance from our personnel which we cannot reasonably provide. We strongly suggest that your travel insurance policy includes comprehensive cancellation coverage.
We will not be liable for any damage, injury, death or loss of any kind arising from your failure to fully disclose relevant medical information or resulting from any pre-existing medical condition.
Already booked your tour?
Please make sure your complete your passenger registration, which includes the Fitness to Travel declaration, within seven days of booking.