Let's Talk Fitness
In the itinerary, this symbol indicates 2+ hours of walking, often across uneven ground and in areas of high altitude or heat and humidity.
At Bunnik Tours we don’t put specific age limits on our tours, but we also recognise some travellers may find our itineraries challenging.
We have a duty of care to all tour participants and the tour guides, so we do impose a firm policy on the level of fitness required by all our clients to attempt to ensure your safety and the safety of other travellers on our tours.
At Bunnik Tours our goal is for all our travellers to enjoy their tour, not struggle through it! Which is why we want to work with you to ensure you are on the best possible trip for your fitness level. We do reserve the right to refuse bookings if we feel that the requirements of the tour are too demanding.
Bunnik Tours are for independently minded travellers with good levels of mobility.
Our tours include:
- Generous amounts of free time
- Lots of walking
- Local and authentic experiences including various modes of transport and accommodation
In some regions travellers can also expect:
- Long days of travelling, at times on dirt and gravel roads in Africa
- Extended periods at high altitude (3,000-4,000 metres) in Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia and Ethiopia
- Extended periods of walking/hiking through humid forest areas in Rwanda, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Mexico and Costa Rica
- Limited medical facilities in remote areas
Bunnik Tours travellers are required to at least:
- Be able to walk 2-3 hours on uneven surfaces without the use of any walking aid, on any given day
- Walk up multiple flights of stairs and short, steep hills
- Stand for 20 minutes without needing to sit down, often in hot/humid climates
- Carry their own luggage
- Get on and off various modes of transport without assistance, including small boats